Lumecca Skin Rejuvenation FAQs
When will I see results?
You’ll begin to see an improvement in skin within 1-2 weeks. However, the results continue to improve over time, and you’ll likely see the best results about 1 month after your last treatment.
How often should I get this service?
IPL Facial initially requires 3-5 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart. After that, we recommend you repeat the series once a year.
Can I go back to work afterwards?
Yes, you can. You’ll experience some redness, but you’re free to cover it up with makeup.
Does it hurt?
Clients say it feels like a rubberband snapping against skin. Which is to say it can be a little uncomfortable, but it’s relatively painless. Afterwards, it might feel like you have a mild sunburn.
- Please disclose any medical conditions that may be of significance to the procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore or fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, etc.
- If you wear makeup to your appointment, we’ll need to remove it before your treatment.
- You’ll experience some redness and possibly some darkening of pigmented spots. Keep this in mind if you schedule your treatment hours before a big event.
- Avoid Retin-A and other cream exfoliants for at least a week prior to your service. You should also avoid sun exposure as we cannot perform an IPL Facial on tanned skin.
- Avoid Botox or filler treatments, or resurfacing for at least 2 weeks prior.
- Limit sun exposure and wear a sunscreen. It’s necessary to help protect skin and also preserve your results.
- You’ll notice dark spots rise to the surface of skin within 24-48 hours. That’s totally normal. Let them flake off on their own. (This should take about 1-2 weeks.)