Morpheus 8 Skin Resurfacing
Morpheus 8 treats:
- Skin Tightening
- Acne Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Stretch Marks
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Key Benefits of Morpheus 8:
- Deep and safe fractional treatment penetrating 4000 microns with an additional thermal profile of 1000+ microns.
- Extremely uniform effect.
- Little to no thermal damage to dermis (outer layer of skin)
- Safe on all skin types
How Is This Different From Regular Microneedling?
This technology provides deep-dermal rejuvenation with targeted radiofrequency to reach deeper layers of the skin. The needles used in Morpheus8 are thinner than those traditionally used in microneedling and are also able to go deeper (up to 4mm)—so we’re able to customize your treatment by going as deep as your skin can tolerate. The deeper the needles go, the more collagen can be stimulated. The end result gives a much tighter and youthful appearance.
What Is the Benefit of Radiofrequency Energy?
Radiofrequency energy heats the deep layers of the skin in a controlled way to revitalize collagen. It works to improve skin complexion and texture for a more radiant and youthful appearance.
When Will I See Results?
You’ll see brighter skin right away, with more visible results appearing within a few days. At around 3 weeks you’ll start to enjoy the most noticeable results, and around 3 months, you’ll reap the full rewards.
Does It Hurt?
It’s not the most comfortable treatment however; we do as much as we can to help with pain management by applying a topical anesthetic pre-treatment.
Can I Go Back to Work Immediately Afterwards?
Our advice? Don’t plan on it. While technically you could, you may experience noticeable redness, swelling, or raised bumps, which should disappear in 1-2 days.
How Often Should I Get This Service?
We recommend a minimum of 3 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart. Depending on your concern, you may need a couple more treatments to see desired results. Once your initial round of treatment is complete, we recommend a once-a-year service to maintain results.
Can I Wear Makeup After My Treatment?
For best results, we recommend avoiding makeup for 1 to 2 days after the treatment. You should expect to appear blushed a few days after your appointment and slight redness for up to 1 week depending on your treatment.
- Please disclose any medical conditions that may be of significance to the procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore or fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, etc.
- If you wear makeup to your appointment, we’ll need to remove it before your treatment.
- You’ll experience some redness after procedure. Keep this in mind if you schedule your treatment hours before a big event.
- Avoid Retin-A and other cream exfoliants or creams/serums that contain glycolic acid or retinol for at least one week prior to your service.
- You should avoid sun exposure two weeks before your services. If you’ve been sunburned recently, it’s best to wait 3 weeks to a month before this treatment. Also, avoid tanning lotions and tanning beds two weeks before. Any patient arriving with a suntan/sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure and for your own safety.
- Avoid Botox or filler treatments, or resurfacing for at least 2 weeks prior.
- We do not recommend receiving this treatment a few days before an event, since you may experience some redness and flaking.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of the procedure and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
- Try not to apply makeup 1-2 days after your service.
- Avoid products and sun exposure for the first couple of days after your treatment. Integrate sun care into your routine to maintain results.
- Avoid working out (anything where you break a sweat) for 1-2 days post-treatment.
- You’ll likely experience noticeable redness, and possibly swelling, afterwards. A cool compress or cooling masque will alleviate the swelling quicker.
- Refrain from applying any creams or liquids unless approved by Dr. Noreen Mostafavi to your skin for the first 90 minutes after your treatment.
- Keep the skin hydrated and use only lukewarm water with gentle cleansers and moisturizers for 3 days.