Forma Skin Tightening FAQs
How does Forma tighten skin?
Skin tightening Forma is an FDA-approved skin and tissue remodeling technology that uses radiofrequency (RF) technology. The subdermal heating applicator uses RF energy to strategically target deeper layers of the skin, stimulating collagen production and enhancing the skin’s elasticity. Given its effectiveness and natural looking results, Forma is one of the most preferred non-surgical cosmetic treatments used at Dr. Noreen Mostafavi’s office.
What issues does the treatment address?
Forma facial skin tightening treatment is effective for addressing areas/concerns such as the neck, forehead, crow’s feet, nasolabial folds (smile or laugh lines) and jowls.
What is treatment like?
Before the treatment, your medical provider applies a conductive gel to the treatment area. As the Forma applicator moves over the area, you will feel a warming sensation. Many patients compare it to a warm massage. The heating feeling will gradually increase until it reaches the ideal temperature, but you will continue to remain comfortable. Post treatment, your provider will remove the gel and apply a cool towel to soothe your skin.
How long does Forma treatment take?
This non-invasive skin-tightening treatment takes approximately 30 minutes per area. For optimal skin tightening and toning, you will need several ongoing treatments, usually 6-8 spaced a week or so apart. Dr. Noreen Mostafavi can more accurately schedule your time and number of treatments during an initial consultation.
How quickly will I see results?
Everyone’s skin responds differently and for some, results are evident after the first few skin tightening treatments. You will notice continued improvement for months as you progress through your treatment series. The creation of new collagen continues to form over time, allowing your skin to contract even more.
What can I expect after the procedure?
You can anticipate no discomfort or downtime following the procedure. You will notice slight redness and warmth in the area(s) for a couple of hours, but those side effects will dissipate shortly thereafter.
Am I a candidate for Forma facial skin tightening?
For anyone wanting to correct the signs of premature aging and enjoy more youthful looking skin, Forma is a non-invasive, viable option for skin toning and firming. However, if you have more moderate to advanced facial aging, such as obvious jowls and or a neck wattle, Forma can tighten but Dr. Noreen Mostafavi can suggest other options in consultation to give you the best results possible. Forma is safe for use on all skin types.
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore or fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, Retin-A, Glycolic Acid, etc.
- If you wear makeup to your appointment, we’ll need to remove it before your treatment.
- You’ll experience some redness after procedure. Keep this in mind if you schedule your treatment hours before a big event.
- Avoid Retin-A and other cream exfoliants or creams/serums that contain glycolic acid or retinol for at least one week prior to your service.
- You should avoid sun exposure two weeks before your services. Also, avoid tanning lotions and tanning beds two weeks before. Any patient arriving with a suntan/sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure and for your own safety.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of the procedure and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
- Limit sun exposure and wear a sunscreen. It’s necessary help protect skin – and also preserve your results.
- Refrain from applying any creams or liquids unless approved by Dr. Noreen Mostafavi to your skin for the first 90 minutes after your treatment.
- Keep the skin hydrated and use only lukewarm water with gentle cleansers and moisturizers for 3 days.